Laguna Waters is located close to the entrance of Laguna Phuket, an upscale, integrated resort on Phuket’s sunset west coast offering access to an 18-hole golf course, award-winning spas and fantastic restaurants. Right outside the resort perimeter, you will also find a shopping hub with splendid boutiques, jewellery stores, bars, restaurants and internationally stocked supermarkets.
The villa enjoys a rare lakeside location. Surrounded by mature trees, it even offers glimpses of tropical birdlife not often found elsewhere. Bang Tao Beach, with its glitzy beach clubs, laid back rustic eateries and golden sand is less than 2km away, a short stroll from the villa or an easy drop off by the resort shuttle.
Phuket International Airport is 25km from the villa and the journey usually takes 20 minutes by car.
Bang Tao Beach0.50 km
Laguna Phuket Golf Club2.10 km
Surin Beach4.80 km
Kamala Beach8 km
Patong Beach17.50 km
Blue Canyon Country Club18 km
Phuket Town Central Market23.40 km
Baba Beach Club38.20 km
Things to do
The Villa Manager at Laguna Waters is a mine of local information and will be happy to help guide you through your Phuket stay, and with so many options right at your doorstep you will not run out of things to keep you occupied.
The Elite Concierge can also offer recommendations for the best restaurants and must-see attractions, help organise fun activities and curate cultural experiences. They will assist with organising transport, make bookings, and take care of all the logistics.
Here are a few things to do near Laguna Waters to get you started:
- Take advantage of some of the world’s best spa and wellness centres accessible to you. If you’ve already indulged yourself with a massage at the villa and want a change of scene, succumb to a pampering treatment at Banyan Tree Spa and you will float out a convert.
- If a spa package is not what you have in mind, just walk out to one of the many foot massage shops found outside the entrance of the resort – all are equally good and reasonably priced.
- Challenge yourself and your friends to a game at the 18-hole, par 71 Laguna Phuket Golf Club course that appeals to golf enthusiasts of all abilities.
- Do not rush back after your last tee and hang out instead at the Club House with a chilled beer or for a late lunch.
- Shop until you drop at Boat Avenue and Porto de Phuket, the newest and most interesting boutique shopping and dining hubs in Phuket.
- Swirl and swish your new silk kaftan at Phuket’s coolest lunch spot or check out famous international DJs by night at Catch Beach Club on Bang Tao Beach.
- Dip into the warm and calm waters of the Andaman Sea. Stand-up paddleboarding is available throughout the dry season and surfing in the summer season.
- Check out some of the shops in Laguna’s Canal Village – there is a Jim Thompson outlet store here, perfect for special gifts.
- Try some watersports out on the lagoons within Laguna Phuket. You can try kayaking or windsurfing, great fun for the entire group.
- Explore the enthralling underwater world during a scuba diving or a snorkelling trip easily arranged with the help of the Elite Concierge.
- Take a bicycle ride on Laguna Phuket’s empty roads, alongside greenery and meandering around water bodies. Serious cyclists can venture further afield and explore the thigh-busting cycle route of the Triathlon that goes uptill Naithon Beach.
- Sail the green waters of the Andaman Sea aboard a private luxury yacht. Swim and snorkel amongst the stunning scenes at Phang Nga Bay, Raya and Similan Islands, and of course, Koh Phi Phi.
- Indulge in a five-star Sunday brunch at one of the nearby luxury resorts with fresh seafood and free-flow drinks.
- Take a cultural tour around Phuket Old Town and learn about its rich history before stopping to taste some authentic island dishes.
- Support ethical tourism by visiting the Phuket Elephant Sanctuary or the Gibbon Rehabilitation Centre. Set amidst tropical jungles and rolling hillsides, it is a wonderful way to watch these beautiful animals in their natural habitat.